Monday, April 23, 2018

Shop Chic...or...the influence of a cute little purse

A few weeks ago I saw a cute purse at a vintage shop. I didn't buy it, but it's been haunting me. I have a confession to make, I am a purse addict in recovery. I've always wanted to do a wall of purses, but I've resisted, knowing my penchant to tire of things quickly.

Anyhoo...the lovely shop owner told me the purse was designed by Mary Quant. After Googling her, I must admit, I am obsessed. She is one of the most prominent designers of 60s London-based pop. A very playful, happy and exuberant trend. Here's a picture of Mary.

 
How freaking adorable is she?  I think this pic could be the influence for a beautiful color scheme. I also think this picture would be really cute as a poster.


Here's a pic of one of Mary's designs. I am in love with the pop flowers! Last week I decided to do a little retail therapy. I wanted some new happy pieces. Mary had me craving some retro mod influences.


Here's my loot influenced by Mary! All this loot was $38 at a local consignment store. Loving the orange. Look at those shoes, aren't they fab? I could see Mary wearing them.


Love this color scheme: orange, pink and turquoise.


Here's something I love, but didn't buy. How fab is this flamingo bag from Pat Catans? Would look great on my hypothetical purse wall.  I've said it many times -- I need a virtual reality machine.


I've always wanted to have my own a little boutique. That would satisfy my love of creating vignettes. It occurred to me, why should beautiful objects like purses be hid in the closet? Why not display them proudly? Afterall,  they are pieces of art. So I have my new shoes proudly displayed with a gorgeous beaded purse I found at the Goodwill. I called this new look Shop Chic. I'm sure Mary would approve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin