Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Bag it!

Hello friends!  Hope you are doing well.  If you are a longtime reader of my blog (thank you xo), you know that I am a supporter of buying from local artisans.  In that spirit, I'd like to introduce Northeast Ohio designer/artist eoxtraordinaire Jeff Segal.

If you are a shopper who is thoughtful and likes to gift non mass produced objects, may I suggest one of Jeff's handmade bags?  You can never have too many bags, right?  Jeff's bags are all lovingly made by hand with exquisite attention to detail. They are beautiful inside and out, as well as being totally functional. Each bag sports niches and pockets which allow the perfect organization of those important digital devices we all rely upon.

And they are not just for women!  They are perfect for stylish men as well.  Each bag is unique and of recycled materials.

Jeff's approach to upcycling is non-literal.  To quote Jeff:  "I enjoy reducing items to their core, to reduce the superfluous and to amplify the common."

Common materials, perhaps.  Common bags, absolutely not.  Why not treat yourself or a loved one to a new and unique form of wearable art?  Here's a sampling. I apologize for not properly photographing the inside of the bags.  But believe me, they are beautiful inside and out.  All handles and clasps also made by Jeff.
If you are in Cleveland and attending the 78th Street Studios Art Walk this Friday, I will be sporting this bag.  Be sure to say hi!
This is one of my favorites, made from vintage fabrics.
Jeff is a multi-talented designer and makes many other beautiful things as well.  Stay tuned for more art from J Segal designs.  In part two of this series, I will be showing a sample of his gorgeous furniture.

Contact Jeff @JSegalDesign on Instagram.

Happy Holidays dear readers!

I

1 comment:

J Segal said...

Gorgeous photos. I like the photo of the artist, too. Really captures his personality.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin