Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Places to See in Akron: The Land of Plenty

I discovered a new place last week called The Land of Plenty! Getting to the store itself was like a treasure hunt. You have to park in the back, and saying the lot was muddy is an understatement. But I was not to be deterred. Luckily, I had on my hiking boots and a nice guy from the hardware store next door held my arm through the mud and up the steps.

And it was so worth it!  When I walked in, I felt like I had hit pay dirt!  I met Kristi, the lovely owner and found that she and I liked many of the same things. I love how the store is set up, there are lots of interesting things to see and still room to move around. I couldn't wait to take it all in.



She carries fine art.  This beautiful multi-media piece is by Julia Bunn.

There were several amazing oil paintings by Steve Ehret.  This photo doesn't do this intricate work justice.


Dig this wood block print entitled American Ideas by Richie Peterson.

There's lots of rocks and plants and other natural specimens.  I love this custom shelf.

I almost flipped when I saw this onion dome!  This would make a great piece of sculpture in a garden or in an industrial loft.
And dig this lamp!  I almost fainted when I saw it.  Never seen anything like it.  Definitely mid century-inspired. Probably custom.  Totally awesome.

There are plenty of unique things for the home.  I could see this pink chair in a boho modern apartment.
Cute tile.  German maybe?


How cool is this model of the Taj Mahal hanging on the wall.  I love the unexpected presentation.
Pretty glass pieces.


Cool outdoor table.  I think this would be cute as an end or coffee table.  So much inspiration all around and really reasonable prices. I'm definitely going back.  Here's what I bought:


Little, metal pyramids.  Not sure why, but I dig 'em. I may go back and buy them all. I could see these lining a shelf. Goes perfect with my desire to add some more organic, yet simple, pieces to my decor.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin