Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Celebrating Color: Blush

Hello dear readers! Hope you are staying warm. We are experiencing a real Winter here in Ohio, the kind we've not experienced in some years and many are feeling a little blue. I'm suffering with a little bit of cabin fever, even though I'm a homebody! I have a treat planned for you!  Over the next week or so we will be celebrating one of my favorite things - Color!  Nothing cheers a body up like color. Hope you enjoy the ride and find some inspiration.

By now, we all know that Pantone's color of the year for 2014 is Radiant Orchid. This gorgeous color will be featured in a subsequent post.  For now, I'd like to talk a little about Blush, the palest of pinks. This color was immensely popular in 2013, especially when paired with gray - (see my favorite color scheme for 2013 here). Blush is a very versatile color. It looks great paired with wood or metallics. It's perfect for a soft pastel room.  It also looks great with pops of bright colors such as yellow and hot pink. I predict blush will continue to be very popular in 2014.

Blush makes a bedroom beautiful. Combined with the wood of the Heywood Wakefield dresser (BTW - I need that dresser!) and the furry rug, this room is both warm and soft.  Tracy's Vintage Modern in Manhattan via Apartment Therapy.


Blush curtains look fabulous with coral bedding and a hint of gray from the throw. Love the pale blue chair. Crate and Barrel.


A beautiful color story.  Blush ottoman, sage curtain and coral vase.  Image Elle Interior.


I love pale pink with pale blue.  Gorgeous sofa, rug, vase and lampshade!  This is definitely  not the pastels of the 80s.  Style by Marianne Luning for vtwonen.


I read that accent walls will no longer be a trend in 2014, but I don't believe it!  It's a great way to add color to a room.  I love the way they have blocked the gray over two walls in this room.  Not ready to paint a wall?  It's easy to change a room on a whim by adding accessories.  Here's a few that will work nicely and in a blush room, or to just add a little flavor of blush.  Image Planet Deco.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin