Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Beauty in the Mundane

Image by Peggy

Hello dear readers!  As promised, I am about to reveal a lot of new art that I've been working on.  As you know, I gave away many of my paintings to make room for new art.  Upon clearing some space, the muses spoke so loudly, I could barely keep up!

As you know, everything looks like sculpture to me.  I see beauty in the ordinary and mundane.  I see beauty in detritus, I look at everything as art.  Indeed, my life is art and art is my life.

My new series of work developed out of necessity and resourcefulness.  I need to create, yet  have no money for supplies.  So much of my work is made from "trash" and recycled materials.

Remember the post about the Detritus Robot I designed?  She is made of detritus, and performs a needed public service by picking up detritus.  She is one of the muses of my recent work.  I am currently seeking proposals from computer animators to make her come to life.  I can see her move, and hear her sounds,as she lovingly picks up the careless casts offs in the hood.

I believe my current work will develop into an installation piece.  Hope you enjoy!  As always, thanks for reading and your comments and emails are welcome!

Please also check out my Urban Photojournal, if interested.  I have been working on some interesting photography.  I will be making an announcement in the next few days about a photographic project I am working on.  Hope you are having a great day!  xo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin