Saturday, April 6, 2013

Thrifting

Ahh.  I love my apartment.  I love Saturday morning.  I love puttering around my apartment.  I have some new goodies from thrifting yesterday that I'd like to share.

.
New floor mat that I got at the dollar store (for $1.00)!   I'm not usually attracted to patterns, but this looks like a gorgeous water color.  I almost hate to stand on it, but my back had been hurting while washing dishes.  This solves that problem, which makes it even more beautiful.  Beauty and function.

Funny, I thought for sure I was going with pink and yellow for Spring.  For some reason I have been very attracted to blue.  I got this beautiful blue glass vase at the thrift store for $1.00!  I love art glass almost as much as I love ceramic.  I also enjoy mixing the two. The little pink tea light holder was ten cents!  These pieces look so ethereal in the sunlight, I cannot capture it with my camera.
Look at this scarf!  I almost had a heart attack when I saw it.  Now that is what I call orgasmic pink.  Only $2.00! I love this color so much, I will probably have paint custom mixed at Home Depot to match it.  I want to put it on a LARGE canvas since I can't paint the walls.   So for the cost of $4.10 I updated my humble abode today, proving once again that beauty and style don't have to cost a lot.  If it's your home, you should love it!  What about you dear readers?  What are you doing today?  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  xo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin