Sunday, April 14, 2013

Today is a Good Day

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but my current favorite song is Stay by Rihanna.  So soulful.  I can feel her in this song.  I'd like to take her in my arms and say, "Girl, I been there."  I know the agony of being strung out on a man who doesn't treat you right.  I am so grateful this is a chapter in my life that is now past.  Being single is the same as anything else.  There are good days, and bad days.  Some days I revel in my solitude and want to scream to the heavens, "Thank you for my freedom!"  I'm only human so of course I  get lonely sometimes.  If there is anything that I could say to young girls, it would be this:  hold out.  Hold out for the one who treats you right.  It might hurt to be without a man, but it is nothing compared to the joy of living drama free.  I have now experienced this joy, and I will never go back.  My wish for all women is that they experience this joy.

It's almost ironic that my thoughts are of the joys of being single this morning.  Last night I attended a wonderful celebration of love, and had a great time with my family and friends.  Not for one minute did I lament that I did not have a date.  In fact, I was perfectly content.  I'm proud, feeling comfortable in my own skin has been a long, hard struggle for me.   
Rihanna, thank you for this beautiful song, and for helping me get my apartment clean. I've listened to it like a zillion times while I cleaned.  I probably got on my neighbors' nerves because I was singing at the top of my lungs.  I couldn't help it!
Here's a look at how my apartment looks on this beautiful Sunday morning.  So grateful for my humble, little apartment.  Now I'm off to see my favorite cousin!  One other thing I'd like to brag about:  I am wearing make up for the second day in a row!  That may not sound like much, but for me it's an accomplishment.  Today is a good day.  Hope you are also enjoying your weekend, dear readers!  xo

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Great advise! Very well said! :)

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

You made me think twice about Rhianna. I don't know why, but I have been disliking her. Now I feel bad. She's strung out on a guy who doesn't treat her right. We've all been there. I guess she's a sister. I'm thinking about her differently now.

I often force myself to put makeup on. I never want to do it but it always makes me feel better.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin