Saturday, November 3, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I know every one's already seen this video, but I can't help commenting on it.


I wept when I watched this.  I know we all share her sentiment.  But think for a moment how deeply profound this is.  As a culture we have harmed a little girl with our meanness.  She feels it.  And then we wonder why children bully each other.  They learn it from us.  I've never seen so much name calling of the Commander in Chief.  It's shameful.  I've heard President Obama compared to Hitler (Glenn Beck); called a retard and that the GOP should start attacking his children (Ann Coulter);  that he was shucking and jiving during the debate (Sarah Palin) and many more vicious, disrespectful and uncalled for attacks.  What are we teaching our children?  Meanness.  This is yellow journalism at its worst.  This type of journalism is an insult to the profession, has no dignity and no place in modern society.  There is nothing socially redeemable about it.  Isn't it ironic that people actually get paid to harm the psyche of the nation in a time when so many are unemployed?

We need to start practicing empathy and compassion, there is not a moment to waste.  If interested in a long political diatribe on the need for empathy and compassion, please see my post below.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin