Sunday, November 4, 2012

Lighten Up!

After all the heaviness of my political posts, I thought I'd lighten up a bit with color!  I'm obsessed by color.  I love experimenting with its many combinations.  Now that I have decorated my place in saturated colors, I'm craving lighter colors!  I think I have DADD (design attention deficit disorder).  When I go to Home Depot, I can't help but collect the paint cards.  One of my favorite color combinations is gray, pale blue and pink.  Any color combination needs generous doses of white, as you know.  Other colors that would fit in well in this scheme are pale yellow, silver and lilac.  Here are some beautiful, light rooms using some or all of these colors.  Hope you enjoy!
 
Such a fresh room!  I love those display boxes!  House to Home.

I adore the pop of quirkiness provided by the poodle lamp in this otherwise minimal room.  Also House to Home.


I think I've featured this room before.  This is totally how I would decorate a beach cabin.  House Beautiful.

Feminine with an edge.  Love it.  Hilary Robertson via Desire to Inspire.

Talk about edge!  I love this room.  I love the industrial/rustic touch provided by the cable spool.  I always love a little imperfection.  The wrinkled rug provides the perfect foil to the severe shape of the chair.  The Style Files.

Fab use of wallpaper.  House Beautiful.
Gorgeous light fixture is the star in this minimal room.  ABYU Lighting.

Pale lilac walls look sublime in this all white room.  I need that bookcase.  And that lamp!  House to Home.
I am dying to decorate a room all in shades of gray.  Gray is such a soothing and relaxing color.  Dig those windows!  Mikkel Adsbol.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin