Saturday, October 13, 2012

Painting Vases

Have you ever watched the show 'Til Death?  It's hilarious!  During my recent bout with illness, I couldn't get off the couch and it was just the medicine I needed.  In one episode the long-married couple's daughter decides she's going to major in ceramics studies at college.  Her parents are horrified! I couldn't stop laughing, but I must admit I wish I knew myself that well when I was young.  If you've been reading my blog for a while you know I am obsessed with pottery.  I love the shapes, the textures, the finishes and I love arranging it like sculpture.  I keep thinking I'd like to take a pottery class, but I must admit I'm too lazy for that.  I'd love to own a pottery store, where I could arrange and dust the pottery all day long.  Ahh.

My latest obsession is to search for unloved, abandoned pieces at the Goodwill and give them a new life by painting them in updated colors.  I am particularly in love with neon colors!  I love the look of spray painted vases, but spray painting is a lot harder than it looks.  It takes a lot of patience and I'm not very good at it.  So I am always on the look out for a vase with a porous surface so I can paint it with a brush.  And I love simple shapes.

Here's my latest transformation.  

Before.  The vase on the right was begging to be hot pink.

Here's an after shot with a couple of other vases I've painted.

 I love it!  I just can seem to get enough hot pink!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin