Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Stuff

My mom and I went shopping yesterday.  She bought me this gray furry pillow from Target as a housewarming gift.
I'm kind of obsessed with it.  I adore the color scheme of gray, hot pink and turquoise.  I'm planning to put a lot more blue and turquoise in my home.  My next slip cover will probably be turquoise.
We went to the Goodwill.  I got these two cute little bottles.  Only 50 cents each.  In keeping with my rule about something must leave to make room for something new, I donated a vintage Avon bottle.  The shape and color of these little bottles please me.  They reflect the changing sunlight in my place beautifully.

Here's a picture of how my living room looks today.  Not perfect, but I love it.  I have a large ottoman that I am refurbishing, I will use that as a coffee table.  Also, I would like an over sized vintage ceramic lamp to put where the moon lamp is currently, so I will be keeping an eye out at flea markets and garage sales.  I wish I could paint my walls bright white.  Oh well, better to focus on the positives.  I love how clean and modern my new place is, and I love living simply.  Living simply doesn't mean it can't be pretty!

2 comments:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Those bottles are an amazing find for fifty cents!

That was real nice of your mom. It's a great pillow.

You might want to check out these two blogs I stumbled upon. I was thinking of you because there was pink going on. But I can't tell you how to find these posts because you know, I was clicking from one post to another, from one blog to another. Anyway, they are funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com and modvintagelife.blogspot.com. I'm pretty sure those were the addresses!

Jessie said...

Those bottles look like vases I saw at Target yesterday. I love the pillow. I hope to get white fuzzy pillows for my couch. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin