Thursday, May 10, 2012

More obsession...

Below I wrote about my obsession with (and mission to find) a new lamp.  As you know, when decorating one thing leads to the other.  I have been considering whether I need new art over my sofa once I buy a lamp.  Here are a few possibilities.

This is my new painting, which is still in process.


I love black and white photography and I love the graphic simplicity of this work.  From Etsy user honeytree.
This is one of my photos.  I've always wanted to have some of my photos printed on canvas.

This is one of my paintings which is sold.  I love the idea of hot pink and cool blue, I could recreate this painting.
I'd love to do a black accent wall but, as you know, I'm not allowed to paint.  I've experimented here with another photo of mine that I'd like to have printed on canvas.  I love how stark it is, but I think I'd get tired  of the black quickly.

This might be my favorite, although I've enlarged it for my purposes.  I love these colors!   I think I need some silky pale pink and pale blue pillows.  Painting from Etsy user Shauno.  What do you think, dear readers, do you have a favorite?  All suggestions welcome!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

You do have some great photos you could have blow up! That would be neat. :)

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I like your photo and the turquoise lamp with the tall drum shade the best.

Speaking of black, I threw caution to the wind and started painting the walls in my bedroom black. It's a soft, charcoal black. Don't forget my style is... farmhouse.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin