Saturday, April 21, 2012

New Vases and Rearranging Pottery

Whenever something new comes into my place, it affects everything else.  Everything gets rearranged.  My favorite thing in the world is to rearrange pottery.  Pottery is a tactile experience, it's meant to be touched.   I adore simple shapes.  Here are my new vases:

The gray vase is from the Goodwill, cost $1.99.  The white vase in the middle is from Marshalls, cost $3.99.  I know I'm cheap!  And I'm proud of it.  The white vase to the left was a house warming gift from my sister-in-law.  Talk about your thoughtful and perfect gifts.  Fortunately, my sister-in-law is also infected with the vase sickness, so she understands me.

Here's a close up of the flower pot in the middle.  It has actual lace glued on it, not just an imprint.  I love it!  I've always had a thing for lace, I'm surprised I didn't have any in my home before.  In keeping with my rule - something must leave before something new comes in - I re-donated the turquoise vase I got from the Goodwill.  (See previous post here.)  After experimenting with this vase, I didn't really like it in my home.  Since it was cheap and part of a good cause, I could re-donate it without guilt.  It's the ultimate in recycling!

Now to rearrange.  What a perfect thing to do on a beautiful gray, drizzly Saturday.  Put on some music, open the windows and pour a cup of Columbian coffee.  I've said it before, I wish I owned a pottery store.  Here are a few of my experiments before finally settling on the perfect arrangement (for today).



Here's what I finally settled on:

When arranging pottery, I just trust my instincts, and try to achieve balance while maintaining simplicity.  This influenced me to move some of my art and vases around the rest of my place.


 Loving blue!
 Love the simplicity of these!

I love the opalescent vase on the small table.  I felt the table needed a little height, and I love how this vase looks in the changing light from the window.  I also love mixing ceramic and glass.


 Ah.  Here's a little corner of my place.  Feeling cozy, warm, protected, happy and so very grateful.  Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday, dear readers!  xxoo

1 comment:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

The apartment looks fabulous. I love the arrangement you settled on. Also love the opalescent vase. Very cool.

Read your other post too. Browsing is fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin