Saturday, June 18, 2011

Inspiration, II

Dear readers, I've written of my love of the color sage, here and here.  I love it coupled with hot pink. 

Now, I'm not usually a pattern person, but I adore this room!  I love the use of color, the large ottoman.  The pillows and accessories are skillfully done.  I didn't even need to guess who could pull off a room like this - it's by Designers Guild.  Tricia Guild is one of my favorite designers, I simply adore her use of color.  She is one of my influences when it comes to color.  Before discovering her work, I used to decorate in all white.  A look I still love, but for now I'm addicted to color.  Image via House of Turquoise.

As I said, I'm not much of a pattern person.  But, if anyone could convince me to use pattern.  It's Tricia Guild.  After seeing the beautiful room, above I decided to peruse Designers Guild's website.  Always a delight.  I was completely enthralled with this beautiful new fabric.  I'd love to see a pillow made of it added to the room above.  Look at that, I'm adding more pattern.

I'd like to have her book on pattern.  Image via Amazon.  And just as an aside, aren't those Hella Jongerius vases on the table making you drool?  Me too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin