Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shipping Pallets Make a Funky Coffee Table

I love a funky, unexpected coffee table.  I also love the juxtaposition of primitive with pristine.  The other day I saw this in a parking lot and swooned.  I think it would make a great coffee table in a modern, industrial loft.

I mentioned this to my friends and they agreed.  That's the great part about having artist friends.  They don't think you are crazy when you say something like that.  They simply wondered if I would paint it hot pink.  A quick web search revealed that I'm not alone with my love of shipping pallets as coffee tables.  The same search confirmed my belief that people are incredibly creative.  I found a number of inspirational photos.
 Love the rustic table with the white sofa.  Cute styling on the table.  Image source unknown.

Two pallets combined side by side.  Awesome.  @thingsofrandom twit pic.


This one has two pallets stacked on top of each other and a white wash.  Love it.  Image via Make it Lovely.


Probably my favorite.  This prototype chair made of recycled materials is designed by BCK Design.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin