Tuesday, April 12, 2011

OTT Pink, Two

I had many Barbie dolls when I was a kid.  My favorite was a 50s style Barbie Doll.  She was the epitome of elegance and had the best wardrobe.  As a teenager it seemed to me I needed to rid myself of childish things and I gave away my collection.  I still regret it.  I reminisced about my Barbies the other day as I watched My Six Loves (1963), an old Debbie Reynolds movie.  I gasped when I saw Debbie in this absolutely fab pink outfit.  She looked just like my coveted Barbie!  And my Barbie even had that outfit!

The outfit completely stunned me.  She looks amazing.  But can you imagine putting on all those clothes these days?  For me it's usually t-shirt, jeans and flip flops.

The poor dear fainted from exhaustion.  I'd probably faint if I wore that much fabric too.  But I've never seen anyone look better fainting.  I know what you must be wondering, as I am I.  What shoes does she have on?

Maybe something like this?  I want these shoes.  I adore how the wedge heal and platform toe are covered by the fabric.  I don't remember where I got this shoe.  My bad.  Kate Spade maybe?  Please contact me if you know the source.


Here is a cute dressing area, I see could Debbie sitting here.  Image Graham and Green.  If you love old Hollywood glamor and how it translates in design, check out sfgirlbybay's new feature Separated at Birth.  It's totally fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin