Friday, April 15, 2011

My apartment - a quick tour

My mom is coming for a visit tomorrow.  This will be the first time she has visited this apartment.  In honor of her visit, I am cleaning the apartment a little better than usual.  I'm a little obsessive when it comes to my apartment.  As you know, I enjoy experimenting with different styling, color and accessories.  So I wasn't happy to just clean today.  No that just wouldn't do.  I got into a full blown rearrangement.  Then I realized I hadn't shown you my most recent arrangement, so I thought I'd better do that since I'm changing it.

Living area.  Lots of hot pink and turquoise.  Two of my favorites.  Thinking of changing this into the bedroom and turning the bedroom into a studio.

Quirky alcove at the front of the apartment.  Right now I'm using it for my studio, which makes such a mess.  I may turn this into the living area if I move the studio into the bedroom.  I'd just love to be able to close the door on the mess.
My beloved Dee Adams painting is hanging in the hallway.  I want to turn this hallway into an art gallery.

Bedroom.  It's really small.  Not much else fits in there but the bed.  I moved the pink curtains in there.  The sunlight is glorious in the morning.

Little corner of my kitchen.  It's cramped, but I love sitting there with a cup of coffee and a good book in the morning.  Please ignore the ugly tile.  Honestly, I don't know what some landlords are thinking.  This apartment has the ugliest finishes.  On the positive side is the balcony, I just love it!  I need to start looking for some plants.  Any tips on plants that are hard to kill, dear readers?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin