Saturday, April 23, 2011

Houndstooth

Have you been following Apartment Therapy's Small Cool Contest?  I think it's great fun.  I love to see how people create a stylish and functional home in a small place.  This year one of my favorite entries featured a sofa covered in houndstooth fabric.

Kathryn's The Couch was the Catalyst.  Man, that sofa is to die for!  I love how she took a motif and ran with it.  Love the shag rug, the acrylic table and the red accents.

And fabulous wallpaper!  Kathryn has a business recovering chairs which can be found here.  You already know of my love of yellow pops.  I was so inspired by this place, I wanted to see how it would look with yellow accents instead of red.  I hope Kathryn doesn't mind.


Fab!  Clearly this home would work with whatever accent color she chooses.  I could see hot pink, turquoise or cobalt blue used as the accent color.  The red is totally hot, but if she tires of it, it would be easy to change.

I'm not much of a pattern person, but I do love houndstooth.   I have some houndstooth fabric I've been saving for a long time.  Maybe I should have a pillow made.  Here's the fabric wrapped around a pillow.  What do you think?  Good luck in the contest Katherine and thanks for being an inspiration!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the interest! Sending you several more houndstooth options. Kathryn

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

What I want to know is how come fabrics we used to think were ugly, are cool now? I remember when toile got popular. At first I was like ew! A little while later I started loving it. Now the brocade, houndstooth... what's next?

Peggy said...

Funny about how tastes change isn't it? Mine is way more colorful than I ever thought possible. I still really don't like wallpaper in my home, but I see it in other homes and like it. I still really don't like the look of toile, and I'm not much for layering of patterns (except for the way Tricia Guild does it).

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

It IS funny. I used to hate wallpaper. Now I love it!

Jessie said...

You know I LOVE houndstooth!!! I love the pillow on your couch against the hot pink! Where is that wallpaper from? I just did a post last week of an apartment with it! I would love that for my next place.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin