Saturday, March 12, 2011

Office inspiration from dining rooms

Today I was obsessing about how to make my office space more beautiful.  This is a concern for more people everyday, as our home increasing becomes a work/live space.  For me, the answer to my office dilemma seems to come from dining room inspiration.  I don't need a dining room, but do need an office.  I need a very large table to spread out, and a buffet is the perfect solution for beautiful storage.  I especially love the look of a light rustic table in reclaimed wood, or pickled pine, combined with modern chairs, lighting and art.  Here are some photos from my inspiration file.  I think any of these could be turned into a fine office.

This is one of my favorite dining rooms of all times.  I've featured it before on this blog.  See previous post here.
Rustic table, modern chairs and modern art.  Adds up to pure beauty.  Image source unknown.  Bad blogger.  I think I got this image from sfgirlbybay, but not sure.  Please contact me if you know the source of this image.
I prefer wood in light or natural colors.  I love this image.  Love the art.  Make sure to check out the rest of this beautifully simple home tour.  Dante's Simple & Sophisticated Style via Apartment Therapy.

These pink modern chairs look fabulous with this table, and work well in this industrial loft.  The rustic theme of the column is repeated in table and is balanced nicely by the more feminine chandelier.  I'd love a work space like this.  I'm sure abundant creativity would flow from this space.  Image Fritz Hansen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin