Sunday, March 20, 2011

Moroccan Influences

I've been dreaming of adding Moroccan influences to my place.  I am thinking of moving my sleeping area to the living room (so I can turn my bedroom into a studio).  I'd like to incorporate fabric.  I think this look would be great.  I really don't like my low ceilings, so by hanging fabric I think I'd be turning a liability into an asset.
I absolutely adore this ethereal image.  The fabrics are so light and airy, and I love the lanterns.  Image Chele Mckee via Desire to Inspire.
I'd add some beautifully patterned pillows, with lots of pink.  I saw this beautiful pillow at Pier One.
This beautiful fabric was spotted in a little boutique window.  Unfortunately, they weren't open.  I definitely need to scope out this shop.  I will, of course, report back.

I would also make use of occasional tables and ottomans.  This Moroccan-inspired table, and Chinese-inspired ceramic stool were spotted at Burlington Coat Factory and were reasonably priced.  I'd like to have them both.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin