Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Celebrating Photography

Happy New Year dear readers! Welcome to my first post of 2011. I'd like to jump right in with some inspiration. Let's talk about something near and dear to my heart. Photography. I adore it. I've always loved taking pictures, and I adore the digital world. Digital allows me to do all the things with photography I've always wanted to. I've always had an eye for photography, and while I greatly appreciate analog, I never had the resources to explore it fully.

I also love that the digital world allows expression for any one who wants to be a photographer. Everyone has a unique vision and voice to share.

Some of my favorite themes for photography are rather moody. I love lonely looking shots, the empty bench, the farmhouse in the distance. I also love plays on perspective. Making the human in the shot insignificant compared to the sky, putting the focus of the picture to the side. Even though I loathe winter and cold, I love cold shots. Lonely trees covered in snow. And I especially love mundane objects raised to the level of art. Here are a few of my favorite photographs from around the web. I hope you enjoy!



I'm usually not into wedding photography - but I may be changing my mind. I've been noticing a trend toward making it more arty. This image is from 100 Layer Cake's blog. The blog is a delight, I am adding it to my links on my photo blog.




This stunning image is by 16 year old Cesarr Terrio. He is an amazing artist, I find his flickr set extremely compelling.


Max Wanger.




Mysterious, ethereal photos by ASA Photography via Love Nordic Design Blog.



Pia Jane Bijkerk.


I found a couple of fab photographers on Etsy. These two images are by Lucy Snowe Photography. Lucy captures the most beautiful shots of trees I think I've ever seen. I'm thinking of ordering a couple.

Jennifer Squires Production. She says it way better than I ever could, "inner peace through modern minimalist photography." Ahh.

What about you dear readers? Do you have any favorite photographers you'd like to share? I'm always looking for links to add to my photo blog. And, as always, thanks for reading. I'll try to keep 2011 an exciting and inspirational year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin