Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More Yellow Pops and a Trip to HomeGoods

Dear readers, I can't tell you how excited I was to find a HomeGoods store in the Akron area. I've been wanting to shop there ever since I saw David Bromstad shop there on his show. Needless to say, my sister-in-law and I could not wait to go there. It was so fun - like a giant TJ Maxx. Say what you will about TJ Maxx, but I'm all for the democratizing of design. Every one needs a beautiful home, even those with very little money. As you know, I've been craving a pop of yellow. This picture was my inspiration for the shopping trip.

This is the home of realtor Jennifer Hibbard and I adore it! I love her use of turquoise with pops of yellow. This image is from her flickr set, here. I've written about her home before (see previous post here). The easiest and least expensive way to change a room is to change its accessories. I adore lamps, vases and pillows - they are the jewelry of the room. Don't you get excited when you see a beautiful room and recognize the accessories? I do. Lame, I know, but true. Let's dissect this room shall we?

I was hoping to find this yellow lamp at HomeGoods. I've seen it before at TJ Maxx and should have snatched it. It reminds me of a Robert Abbey lamp, but it's glass not ceramic. I really dig it.


Of course, if I found this lamp, then I would need the blue cloud vases from Z Gallerie. I've been coveting these for a long time. They're reasonably priced and would make a great gift.


I already have a couple of mercury glass globes in my collection.

I couldn't find the yellow lamp. Here's what I bought. Really cute turquoise lamp - love the shape. And cute yellow ginger jar. I have a thing for lidded jars, and this will provide the yellow pop I've been craving. These items were reasonably priced. The lamp was $29.99 and the jar was $9.99. You know what new items means. Time to rearrange! I just need to do a new painting for over the sofa, and I need a yellow pillow..... Stay tuned for the reveal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin