Friday, June 10, 2011

some blog love and lots of inspiration

I have some more rooms that I'd like to add to my inspiration file before I reveal my latest incarnation of my apartment. I discovered a fabulous blog entitled Solid Frog. The original language of the blog appears to be Swedish, so I am unclear on some of the links. However, Solid Frog is a gorgeous blog. Mia Linnman, the author of the blog, also shares her fab paintings.

This lovely picture was part of a post on Lindsey Adelman lighting. I love her lighting, but it is the modified recliner/tulip chair and ottoman that fascinates me. I am in love with the color of the fabric as well. Love the pale gray walls, and the blue glass vases. If you know the designer of this room, or any of the resources, please contact me.

Love the look of a loft with a clothes rack as art. Love the mundane and functional as art. I think I could pull this off in a loft space because my clothes are mostly black, and some white blouses. See my previous post on clothes racks, here.

Love, love, love this room! I'm always admiring accent walls, but this takes the accent wall to a whole new level. Love the asymmetry of the accent painted around the window. Also completely in love with that night stand. Not sure who the artist is, but desperately want to know. Karim Rashid, perhaps? That would be my first guess, or maybe Jaime Hayon. All above images from Solid Frog.

The table reminds me of the work of Hilda DeSchutter. Hilda makes amazing upcycled sculptural pieces with vases. I adore her structures, and have been meaning to do a post about her. I know she makes lamps, I'm going to contact her to see if she does tables. I'll be sure to keep you posted. In the mean time she's got a fabulous blog, entitled Art Design Kitsch, which I will be adding to my link list.

1 comment:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Love the colors of the first room. And that yellow around the window, you're right, it's taking accent walls to a whole new level.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin