Sunday, September 19, 2010

My new apartment - a preview

Wonderful news dear readers! I found a new apartment. Let me back up just a bit. Things are really turning around for me. I've been praying a lot - even using prayer beads and just having faith that I am wherever God or the cosmos wants me to be. When I got out of the way, it was like magic. Poof! I found a job, and the people are nice. Poof! I found an apartment. And Poof! The surgeon says I do not need more eye surgery. I am so grateful. I've actually been feeling very happy lately. I am esctatic that I will be back in my 'hood by my beloved lake, just in time for my favorite time of year. Here is a little preview. I really wanted clean, modern and open, but this place called my name and was too good a deal to pass up. It's a cozy attic apartment with some surprising amenities. I'm going to turn it into the perfect girl cave.

It has a fairly large alcove. Not sure yet what I'm going to do with the alcove. I may be putting my table here. And I'm definitely going to hang a chandelier.

There are several large walk-in closets! What a luxury!

Here's the sweet little living room. Can't wait to see my sofa in there. Being a lover of low scale, I am on the hunt for a long, low bench to put under those windows. I know I just need to keep my eye on the curb. It will materialize.

A bedroom! Imagine that! I thought about putting my bed in the alcove and turning this into a studio, but I haven't had a bedroom in so long, I may use it for its intended purpose. I think I'm going to go totally glam and get black curtains for this room.

It has a new bathroom!
Here's the hallway to the kitchen. I'm going to turn this into an art gallery. I love that it has a door.
Another luxury - a deck off of the kitchen! I love it. I'm going to buy some oversize pottery to make it private and maybe grow an herb garden.

Here's a quirky little feature in the kitchen, an alcove. I'll probably store my dishes here. I'd love to come in and rip out walls and paint the floor, but I won't, it's a rental after all. I'll work with what's here and it's going to be sweet.
You may remember that I've been spray painting vases lately (see previous post here). I'm getting hooked on spray paint! Here's my latest spray painting project. This is a sample of my new color scheme. I'm going to use a lot of jewel tones.

You already know this is my favorite Domino cover (see previous post here). I'd love to get my sofa recovered in a royal blue. There will, of course, be plenty of pale pink.

This room is inspiring me. I love the navy and the pink together. Image from Elle Decoration. I am so excited about decorating. I hope you will join me in this new chapter in my life. xxoo

3 comments:

Jessie said...

WOW! This is great news! I wasn't expecting you to find a place already! Your place looks like it is much bigger than my new place is going to be. ;) I am a bit jealous of its charm!

Are you going to paint any walls?

Its awesome that we both get to redecorate at the same time! It is going to be great therapy for me! lol :)

Peggy said...

Hi Jessie! I know, I can't believe it happened so quickly either. Yes it is awesome that we get to decorate at the same time. I can't wait, I know you feel the same. No, I'm not going to paint the wall, I asked the landlord and he said no. That's okay, I'll be hanging paintings which I am doing for the space.

It's not really very big, it just looks it, I think, because of the hallway. It does have some quirks, but I do love it!

Von Madison said...

When it rains, it pours! You have a lot to be thankful for. Anyway, do you live alone? It’s been years already, I’m sure everything is done by now. I hope you can post pictures of it too. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin