Thursday, September 23, 2010

Alcove Inspiration

Dear readers, as you know, I am obsessing about decorating my new apartment.

There's a funny alcove in the front of the apartment. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I need to see my stuff in the place. I'm thinking of putting the bed there and turning the bedroom into a studio (or vice versa). Here's some pictures from my inspiration file.

You probably remember Maria's sublime place. She was the winner of Apartment Therapy's Small Cool 2010, international division. I just may put my bed by the alcove and hang some curtains for mystery and romance.

Also from Apartment Therapy. This bed needs no headboard. And it's perfectly balanced by the tables.
I've featured this room before, I love it so. This is Danielle's bedroom, from one of my favorite blogs, The Style Files. This room is so ethereal. Love the architecture in lieu of a headboard. Love the white. Love the lamps. Love the Moroccan wedding blanket. I've always wanted one.

I just had to feature this amazing platform bed! The best design always attempts to solve problems, and this would have solved a lot of problems in my last apartment, where I was always moving things around. The handle is genius! Image via Apartment Therapy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin