Friday, August 20, 2010

My life and inspiration

Dear readers, sorry I've been remiss in my blogging. A little thing called Life has been overwhelming me. I know you feel me. If you're interested here's an update of some things that have been going on.

I recently worked on an internship with the fabulous installation artist Olga Ziemska. Olga is a fascinating and courageous woman. She's an independent thinker and more than any woman I've ever met, she lives life in an authentic way. Her integrity, words and actions are impeccable. Just how an artist should be. Her beautiful words and work will give you pause. Do check out her website. Olga will be presenting a new installation piece at Kent State University in the fall. Stay tuned for more details.

I met another fabulous artist. Haley Litzinger. She and I share a love of gritty urban art. She does amazing resin, multi-media pieces, I plan to do a post featuring her work. Her work is incredible, and so is her personality. This is one of those rare people you meet and know you will be lifelong friends. As an artist, it's not too often that people get me, she does and it feels good. She is wise beyond her years and an absolute joy to be with. She makes me smile and laugh. Here is Haley humoring me and my omnipresent camera. We were at a thrift store where I kept making her model vintage clothing.

Isn't she adorable! And that fabric is too fab. I've said it many times - good thing I can't sew and I'm not going to learn. If I could sew, I'd constantly be making vintage fabrics into pillows. I'd be buried in them!

Haley and I have been exploring urban lofts. I'd love to have an industrial loft. It would be so fun to decorate. One thing I learned from my studio apartment is that I definitely prefer an open space plan.

We checked out an old school house converted into lofts. Some of the rooms still had the chalk board, which I loved. I love the idea of being able to brainstorm and design on the board. Wouldn't it be fun to have an artist party and have everyone play on the chalkboard? Infinite rotating creativity in your home. Cool.

Haley and I recently explored the historic area called Tremont. Anyone who thinks Cleveland is not happening, needs to visit there. It's a totally fab neighborhood full of funky arty homes, galleries, and art at every turn. Like this mural that was outside a trendy restaurant.

I've also been working on some new urban shots, and I must admit I'm probably overdoing the photo manipulation software. I can't help it - I'm addicted. It's so fun. If you're interested, click here to see some of my new photographic work. What about you, dear readers? What have you been up to lately and what is inspiring you? I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Sounds like you have been busy and having fun! :) I am happy for you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin