Sunday, June 27, 2010

Paintings by my nephew

A few weeks ago my 10 year old nephew came to stay with me. We had a blast! We love making art together. You know how kids are, they say the most profound things. Once he said to me, "Aunt Peggy, I think you should quit your job and become an art teacher." Looking at his paintings I think he might be right. These are his work, but they are also my work. It was very much a collaborative process. And I think they turned out great!
Dual Records, 2010, 24" x 24", acrylic on canvas.

Krazy Kenny, 2010, 24" x 24", acrylic on canvas. He took these paintings home with him, but I wish I had kept that second one! I love the graphic punch of this work. He and I fantasized about having a studio together where we could get paint everywhere and not have to worry about mess.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin