Friday, May 14, 2010

Influence - Louise Olsen and Stephen Ormandy of Dinosaur Designs

The home of Louise Olsen and Stephen Ormandy of Dinosaur Designs as featured in Australia Vogue Living (Jan/Feb 2010) is downright perfect! I could move in and wouldn't change a thing! It has me swooning.

It's light and airy. With beautiful art everywhere, yet it's not cluttered. The entry way boasts a large painting by abstract painter extraordinaire Gemma Smith. There are also paintings by Stephen Ormandy everywhere. I love his painting which hangs in the dining room.

And this one.

And this one! I love all the white in the home, and love pops of yellow in otherwise all white rooms.


Normally I don't like groupings, but this one is done very well. And I love vertical stacks of magazines. The low scale helps keep the stacks from looking too cluttered.

Their company, Dinosaur Designs, makes the most fab resin bracelets and vases. I love the look of displaying bracelets like sculpture. And check out the chair to right. The Fresh Fat chair by Tom Dixon. Be still my heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin