Saturday, May 22, 2010

home tour

Dear readers, as you know I gave up my beloved studio apartment almost two months ago. It's been an adjustment learning to live with someone. It's all good, but I do miss decorating my apartment and fantasize about decorating my own place once again. I have a small, cozy bedroom, so I've been having fun styling it. Of course, I keep moving my pottery around. I hope one day to hit on an arrangement I love so much, I never feel compelled to move it again. I just know that Nirvana can be found in the perfect arrangement of vases. Here's a tour of my new digs.
The best part is I have a studio set up in the basement. Now I don't have to worry about making a mess! I also have an office set up. It's not very glamorous, but it is very organized. I can find anything. I'd like to have some industrial shelving to put my bins on, but I'm not sure how long I will be living here, so am not really purchasing anything.

One of the hardest things about learning to live with someone is their knick-knacks. Fortunately, my brother is very neat and lives simply. He has his collectibles centralized, and they are actually kinda cool. I'm learning a lot about Harleys and tatts.

One of the nice things my brother did for me is make room for my stuff. Here is my little corner of the living room. I let him pick out which of my paintings to hang. This is his favorite. He's very proud of the modern black lamp, which he found at a garage sale. If this place were mine, I would paint and rip up that carpet.

Here's my little, cozy bedroom. It's hard to photograph because it's so small. There's a dresser from the previous owner which I love! Since I lived a small studio, I went without a dresser for a long time. I'd love to put a fresh coat of white paint on it.

Some days it looks like this, depending on my mood.

I am constantly restyling this little corner, and this is where I display my latest painting.

Some vases on the dresser. Love print by Jessie.

This cute little table is also from the previous owner. I'd love to paint it in a funky color, like hot pink or yellow.I have my prayer beads hanging in the corner. Also the previous owner left the cutest curtains. I like living simply, but I also like beautiful things. The home is humble, but very comfy and I am grateful to my brother for inviting me to stay.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin