Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chicago - The Hotel

My sister-in-law and I stayed at The Blackstone in Chicago. Not only is the hotel incredibly gorgeous, we were treated like royalty!




The decor in the hotel was a fab mix of traditional and modern. I love the oversized hanging lights in the lobby!




The art hall boasted a fab collection of modern art. I adore modern art juxtaposed with historical mouldings and trim. I wish I painted these pieces! If you know the artist, please contact me.



They were preparing the ballroom for a wedding. What a great place for a wedding! I adore these silver-leafed, faux-bamboo chairs.

I was so excited to see this chair made entirely of corrugated cardboard. Not sure if this is Jill Fehrenbacher or Frank Gehry's version, but it doesn't really matter. I loved it all the same.
Unfortunately, these vases didn't fit in my purse.

Cool seating. Not sure who the designer is. Italian maybe? Please email if you know.

Swoon. I had a heart attack when I saw this fab sofa in the lobby. Unfortunately, it didn't fit in my purse either. I love this. I could see this sofa in a large industrial, minimal loft, with nothing else.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin