Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What I've been working on, Vol. IV

Okay, sometimes I can get fascinated with the most mundane shit. The other day while on a walk, I got fascinated with the tar designs in the street. Why had the city gotten so creative with the swirls? I think people who passed by and saw me photographing the street must have thought I was crazy.


I think these would be cool paintings. As I prepared to play around with swirls on paper, I thought about the paintings I wrote about below. I wanted to do swirls, but I wanted them to be ghostly swirls. I came up with this:


Untitled, 15" x 20" (each piece), acrylic on paper. I found it interesting that the colors are soft, while the strokes and shapes are harsh. I'm not completely happy with these, but I'm onto something.
All images by Peggy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin