Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mood Board: Pink, Brown and Gray

I'm all moved into my brother's home. It's a bit of an adjustment as I learn how to live with someone. I'm enjoying it, but I have fantasies of decorating my own apartment again. My current mood is muted pinks, brown and gray.

I'd like to start with soft gray walls, like Shelby's place that I wrote about below. Then I'd add this Caravane sofa in soft brown. It's my current favorite. I love its low scale, and Moroccan touches would go great with this sofa. It would look great with ottomans and poufs. I think groupings of small pictures look cluttered and would prefer a large painting over the sofa. Maybe like these:

Aren't they gorgeous? I apologize for the poor quality of the picture, but I had to take this picture on the sly. I think you get the idea, though. They are romantic and ghostly. I love them, but don't know the artist. The sales clerk in the shop didn't either. Wow, I can't imagine working there and not finding out. I love them so. Please contact me if you know this artist.

Of course I would need new pillows. I almost had a heart attack when I saw these gorgeous pillows at TJ Maxx! Very reasonably priced. Too bad I'm not spending any money.

I have been looking for a table runner forever! Look at this gorgeous runner also from TJ Maxx, it's perfect. Too bad I'm not spending money.

I must be a glutton for punishment, because I started exploring local thrift shops. Look at this beauty that I had to pass up. Only $14.99. Philip & Leong's home has me wanting a collection of vanity chairs (see post below). Ah. I should have been born rich instead of beautiful. Still, it's fun to fantasize.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin