Monday, March 1, 2010

New Paintings

Remember the color scheme I spoke about below? Purple, black, gray and white. Very feminine. Very romantic. I kept staring at the room designed by Selena Lake. I started thinking, "If I had to design wallpaper for such a room what would it look like?" It would have to be funky. Now, I normally don't like wallpaper, but it was a lot of fun thinking about wallpaper for a room like that. Of course, it would have to be done as an accent wall.

I humbly submit my first wallpaper design.

Here is a mood board with the color scheme, and a pop of turquoise. I had a lot of fun making this. I started thinking it would be cool to have paintings we could rearrange, like legos.

Here is a painting I did this weekend. This falls into the simple-but-not-easy category. When I am doing a block painting like this, I get so caught up in perfectionism. There are always lines or strokes out of place and it drives me crazy! (Untitled, 24" x 24", 2010, acrylic and marker on canvas.) This is my color scheme for Spring, with a pop of black, I think.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin