Saturday, March 13, 2010

My apartment - what's new

Even though I've been letting things go, there are still a couple of new things that have made their way into my apartment. A girl's still gotta have fun, right? At least there's room for them. :)
I finally got a turquoise lamp! If you've been reading this blog, you know that I've been wanting one forever, but never could afford it. Thank God for knock-offs! I got this at TJ Maxx for $39.00. I must be the cheapest person in America, I still bulked at that price. Or maybe I'm used to getting things from thrift stores. It's actually reasonable, lamps can get so pricey. See post about turquoise lamps here.


My love of turquoise is not new. As I look through my blog archives, I realize I've been writing about my love of turquoise for several years. What is new is my love of black pops. Black really pops against turquoise.

My new wall decal from Target. A big departure for me. But, as you know, I'm going glam for Spring. I really love it. It came with little rhinestones for the crystals.


THE INFLUENCES:


Love this room! Image via House of Turquoise.


And this one. Gorgeous! Image source unknown.


This is my new breadbox from Target. I have been swooning over breadboxes ever since I posted this shocking pink breadbox (see previous post here). Since I'm allergic to gluten, I never really thought about buying one, though. I've been looking for something to store my tea bags in and when I saw this beauty - in turquoise! - I had to have it.


It stores my tea very nicely. And oh yeah, the microwave will be one of the items to be let go. They're not safe, and since I'm eating more organic I won't need it. I always hated that it took up so much space in the kitchen anyway.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I just saw that lamp at TJ Maxx! I love it!!! :)

Peggy said...

Hi Jessie, did you see the yellow lamp too? It looked a lot like this lamp I posted here:

http://creativeinfluences.blogspot.com/2010/02/falling-in-love-with-blue-part-two.html

I wanted it too, but I don't need two lamps! I'm sure I could get as addicted to lamps as I am to pottery.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin