Friday, March 12, 2010

Collections

Dear readers, I am fascinated by the notion that we are all curators. I love collecting (it took me a long time to admit that I am a collector). I love seeing what other people collect and how they display their collections. I've said it many times. Display is as important - and maybe even more so - as collecting. Clutter just won't do. Clutter is a disservice to beautiful objects, they need room to breathe.

If you'd like to see a very fine example of color, collecting and display, check out Chris & Heather's Happy, Hippy Haven via Apartment Therapy. I only posted a couple of pictures, because, well frankly, I wanted to post them all. I adore the hanging lamp, and I picked these rooms because they are so sunny. There's tons more color in Chris & Heather's home, including my beloved fuchsia and turquoise. They have whimsical collections, and lots of positive images of love and peace. And damn, the place is just happy. Somehow the place is not overdone, maybe because it's huge. Restraint can be so hard when you love beautiful things. Click this link, when you step through their door you'll feel as if you gotten a hug. If Heather and Chris don't have a blog, they should definitely start one.
(P.S. Check out her studio, I love the table wrapped in plastic. What a great idea. I'm going to copy that idea if I'm ever fortunate enough to have studio space.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin