Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Vase

My new vase arrived and she is a beauty! A vintage Haeger, very lovingly packaged by the Ebay user I bought it from - thank you!

Of course, the moment I opened the package, I had to play with placement of this vase. I adore playing with vases, and this was the perfect activity for this very snowy day. I wish I had a shop!

I tried the vase with this gray Dansk candleholder (purchased from the Salvation Army for $1.99) and my Danish bowl. This bowl is a departure for me as I usually don't buy black pottery, but I adore the shape. Added to this vignette is my new painting.


Seemed a little heavy, so I edited the candleholder.

The vase has a lovely grayish-green stripe, so I thought it might work with turquoise. The cutouts are for an art project I am working on.



Oh dear, now I think I need a vintage pink bowl - in a matte finish - to go with my new vase. I am cleaning and rearranging my apartment today. What else is there to do in a snow storm? Tomorrow I'll show you my apartment's new incarnation. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

kim. said...

I loooooooove your new vase!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin