Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Procrastination

Laundry day. Sigh. There's a shitload of snow outside, so there's no excuse - I need to get the laundry done. I'm having company tomorrow - I need to get the laundry done. What am I doing? Procrastinating. Like a motherfucker. My preferred method of procrastination is reading blogs. It doesn't help that Desire to Inspire published a reading list over the past few days. (Note to self: update blogroll. One more thing for my long to do list.) I've been perusing some fascinating blogs while my laundry has been screaming at me, "Peg, get off your lazy ass!"


Image via Shelly Kay Cullen. Don't you find it amazing when people elevate the mundane to a work of art? Shelly is an amazing photographer. I know - I'm procrastinating.

I often receive emails saying my place is too perfect. These emails amaze me, because my furniture is second-hand and covered with sheets. I don't have a lot of stuff around, because I hate clutter. But it's not rocket science - I only photograph my apartment when it's reasonably clean. So for these critics, here's what my place looks like today:

Just kidding. I wish I had a laundry room this chic. Image Design Conversation. Have I mentioned that I hate laundry? I imagine Nirvana is much easier to achieve with in-suite laundry.

Have you read the blog Six in the City yet? If not, you must! It's about the adventures of a family of six who moved from their Colorado home (4800 square feet) into a New York apartment (1200 square feet). I love following their adventures, and the writer is hilarious. I'm no stranger to moving into smaller digs and getting rid of stuff, but I grieved with her when she got rid of her washer and dryer!

Oh the pain. I've never had in-suite laundry. Heck, it would be a luxury to have a laundry room on the same floor, I have to lug my laundry to the basement. Believe me when I tell you it's drudgery. Fortunately, my nephew has come up with a design that solves all my woes.


Meet the washing/drying robot! As you can see the robot has a built-in washer and dryer. He is equipped with agile arms. He can sort, load, remove, iron and put laundry away. The robot is even equipped with a sensor so that it adjusts the temperature, and it never over dries. I told you my nephews are geniuses!

Until we find a manufacturer, I guess I'm stuck lugging the laundry to the basement.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin