Sunday, December 6, 2009

Color Scheme: Pink with Gray, Brown or Black

Dear readers, as you know I always obsess about pink. It's been my favorite color my whole life. But, I've been obsessing about it a little more than usual lately, if that's possible. Pink looks great on everybody, and it looks great with any color. It is not purely a girly color, and can be used in a thoroughly modern way. It looks great with gray, brown and black and looks great with organic touches. As you know, I have also been obsessing about gray lately and am thinking of redecorating my apartment in pink and gray. Here's some inspiration. Hope you enjoy!


Proof that pink can be used in a modern way. I love the organic touches, and the collection of ethnic art.

Do you remember this color scheme I talked about earlier this year? (See previous post here). Well check out this room below. I thought this was such a strange color scheme when I was considering it, but this room shows that it totally works!

More proof that pink can be used in a modern way. Does it get any better than this? I adore this room so much, where do I start? Love the Bourgie lamp, pink credenza, white sofas, white floor, gray pouf and the pop of the yellow pillow. I've been wondering if I could add a black accessory to my decor, and this room shows that I can. I love the pop of the black vase. I can't stop staring at this room, I want to live here! All above images jjlocations.

Love the pink pillows in this otherwise organic home. If I could sew, I would cover all of my pillows in pink. Sorry, I don't remember where I got the image. Probably Desire to Inspire.
I love this painting! Reminds me of the rug I featured here.

These two images definitively prove that pink can be used in a modern way. Images from Qora-Shai Boutique.


I know - I am infatuated with the designs of Jessie of My Mod Style. But I just can't help it! I mean look at the gorgeous colors she has chosen for her guest bedroom!

Pink painting and a few vases from my collection.

New pink items for my brother and sister-in-law's home. Since my sister-in-law's taste is more conservative than mine, she opted for a more corally-pink. The pillow was $14.99 from TJ Maxx and the Haeger vase was about $2.00 at a thrift store.

I think they warm up the living room nicely. I love that lamp! Now if I could just get her to get rid of those candle holders, but I have no idea what to replace them with.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin