Sunday, October 11, 2009

Evolution of a Painting

Dear readers, I have a little secret to share. I rarely like my paintings. I probably only like three out of ten. The ones that are minimal please me most. But sometimes, I just keep layering the paint on and I wish I had someone to pull me from the canvas. Today I am going to show you a painting that I don't like. It doesn't please me asthetically, but as an experiment it was fun.

As you know, I've been thinking about slate gray. So the canvas looked like this for a couple of days.

I knew I wanted to add pink, so I carelessly painted some flowers.

Next I outlined the flowers. Hmm. Maybe I should have stopped here.

But I didn't. I then decided to make the flowers look more ghostly. Probably should have stopped here.

The next day I was on the phone with my mom and I obliterated the painting. I enjoy obliterating paintings. I don't know why.

The next day we had a beautiful rain storm. So I decided to add rain and clouds. And there you have it, the "final" product. My clouds and rain always look cartoony to me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin