Monday, July 6, 2009

Mojo

If you've been reading my blog, it's not news to you that I am totally obsessed with ceramics. Pottery's fluid forms are extremely sensual and erotic. A beautiful vase is a tactile experience, it begs to be touched. Just like a sensual woman. In fact, some of my favorite pieces pay homage to the female form.



"Pink Vase", 2005 an original painting by Peggy, 15" x 30", acrylic on canvas. For more of my paintings, click here.




I receive an ezine called Ceramics Arts Daily, and it is such a joy. The other day when perusing this ezine, I discovered the work of Wouter Dam. His work is orgasmic. My mind boggles when I think of the skill needed to execute these ethereal pieces.








See what I mean? I would love to see these pieces in a large, white industrial loft, with no other art to compete with it. After all, if you had these pieces, you wouldn't need anything else. Pure mojo.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin