Saturday, February 14, 2009

Paintings from 2008





"Prefab series," 16" x 20" each. Acrylic and marker on paper. I am drawn to strange vegetation and weather phenomenon. I have yet to master rain, although I've been working on it. This series interests me, I'd like to do more of these.







Untitled, 8" x 24", acrylic on canvas. I am not sure why eyes and vaginas show up so much in my paintings. It's completely unintentional. This is one of those paintings where I just couldn't leave well enough alone, I just kept piling on the paint.






Untitled, 12" x 24", acrylic and marker on canvas. I did this one during a snow storm. The influence was vintage Japanese scrolls.





"Six Hours," 18" x 24", acrylic and marker on canvas. Probably my most eccentric painting, came from a dream which I wrote about here.



Untitled, 24" x 24", acrylic and pencil on canvas. Minimalism still intrigues me. I like this one a lot. I painted what appears to be a matte on this one.


"Autumn," 24" x 24", acrylic and marker on canvas.



When I started painting, I always painted on 16" x 20" canvases. My canvases are prestretched. I'm too lazy to stretch canvas. I remember the first time I bought a 24" x 24". It seemed huge! I was so intimidated. Lately I've been painting on 24" x 30" and I'd like to go even bigger. But, that's hard to do in my small apartment.


I need a studio space. I hate the mess, and canvas is expensive and takes up a lot of room. I am thinking of experimenting more with paper, colored pencils and water color.

Not much work to show for an entire year, but I have notebooks full of doodles and collages. I am fortunate that I never want for ideas. Only time. Never enough time. See more of my work here. And, here's my shameless plug. All of my work is for sale.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin