Sunday, October 12, 2008

Of Muses and Pretty Things

I am lucky. I have many muses. They never neglect me, filling me with so many ideas I cannot keep up. Even overwhelming me at times. Sometimes it is a difficult decision to bring focus to one path, oh so many choices. Lately, the muses are speaking to me strongly and forcefully about politics - they won't be silenced. I've been contemplating a way to broach political change without so many words.

So for today, why don't we just focus on beauty and leave politics to tomorrow. My mail box obliged me by providing beautiful catalogs to contemplate over the weekend. I'd like to share my favorites with you. Today, let's pretend we are not minimalists and that money is no object.

The following are from Acacia.


Shoji solar lantern. How cool is that? It collects sunlight during the day and glows at night, requiring no electrical cord.Himalayan Crystal Salt Bowl Lamp. Great ambient piece. I think this would be great on dry winter nights. Way cuter than a humidifier.








Cherry Blossom Lantern. Love it. Reasonably priced too. Thinking of ordering.


















Bamboo screen. Would look great in an industrial loft.

















Hinoki shower stools. How cool would these be in a sauna? These simple pieces would also look great used as extra seating.






























The following are from VivaTerra. (Don't you love that name?)








Rock cairns, candleholders and vase.

Stone felt pillows. I dig these! I think they would look great in an industrial loft.

Recycled glass vases. Not my colors, but beautiful. And oh so perfect.




And speaking of perfect - I am swooning over these sea glass dishes. But muy expensivo.








I adore these footed bowls. Thinking of ordering one.


How cool is this? A table and chairs made completely of vintage yard sticks!


















Moroccan tea kettle, tray and perfect white tea pot by Pol's Potten from Le Souk.













Sari pillow from Urban Outfitters.




Remember these vases from the last year's West Elm holiday catalog? I love them and regret not buying them. I hope they offer them again this year!


I still dream of decorating a place entirely in silver.


Image by Peggy. I saw these curtains in a shop window and nearly had a heart attack. How gorgeous! I want them.

Virtual decorating is so much fun. In the virtual world you can have anything you want, and the cost is minimal and you don't have to worry about dusting or storage.

Stay tuned for more chick art, politics and the state of my apartment.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin