Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oh Hella!


I am insanely in love with the work of Hella Jongerius. She is one of my favorite ceramicists. I've written about her before. See previous posts here and here.

Her work is simple yet complex. The craftsmanship is superb. Her pieces could fit in any environment, they are modern yet primitive. They are edgey, but tempered with a soft feminine hand. Witness the genius of her embroidered porcelain.

It seems I am not alone in my obsession, here are some flickr finds of her work. Hope you enjoy!




Image from flickr user Vivian0123.




















Image from flickr user LYNfabrikken.


















Image from flickr user Hilarriet.







Image from flickr user and blogger extraordinaire Yvestown. See my blog roll for a link to her blog. I want this vase! I wish Ikea had an online store.

Here it is again. I drool everytime I see it! Image from flicker user d a a n. She also has a marvelous blog, which is part of my daily read. It is called The Style Files. See my blog roll for link.



Image from flickr user fueledbycoffee.


















Image from flickr user Jayoni.

3 comments:

Vineeta said...

Love this lot! I especially love the one with the dot design on it & the last pic- the red series- I had dropped out of blogging for a while now & have slowly just started posting- I checked some of your posts & JUST LOVED The colour scheme series- brilliant stuff! will get around to commenting on them. YOu are inspirational in that- you just keep at it because you love it.

Peggy said...

Vineeta! How wounderful to have you visit! I haven't been blogging as much as I want either, but the ideas just keep flowing. I am so glad you liked the color scheme series - because there will be more.

Unknown said...

Your vision of the world inspires me. You see beauty and wonder all around.

My fingers are itchy to began again with my own photography journey.

Your work is so vital, so alive, you bring joy and smiles into our sometimes dreary, lonely lives

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin