Sunday, July 20, 2008

Designer Toys

My Dezeen newsletter arrived today, and it never disappoints. I was especially excited to read about Olivia Lee's designer dolls.


Anyone who is into urban vinyl toys, is already familiar with the concept of limited edition designer toys - that is, toys made by designers.


But Lee has taken this as irony. And made designer toys. That is, toys of designers! And they are fab! The dolls are made in good spirit and in her words - "this project is an observation of how designer personalities are literally becoming synonymous with the objects they design."


My readers already know I adore Karim Rashid. (See previous posts, here and here.) And let's face it, Olivia's toy of him is just too cool.


I want it! I hope Kidrobot will be producing it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin