Friday, June 13, 2008

The Spirit of the Designer

It's always a good day when I receive the Dezeen newsletter in my email. Dezeen never ceases to fascinate and amaze me. These images were so alluring, well I just had to take a closer look. (link)





Dezeen will be giving away five signed copies of a book featuring the work of Joost van Bleiswijk and Kiki van Eijk. The book is called "About Joost and Kiki" and features the sublime work of photographer Sabine Pigalle. (By the way, these artists' sites are amazing! I will have to do a separate post about each.)

I dig these photographs, even though they are a little creepy. To me that adds to their allure. Because after all, good design haunts. I love the idea of the each piece having a part of the designer's spirit. And it doesn't hurt that the photos are just cool. And oh yeah, I need Kiki's lounger shown above. Fits right in the with the yellow color scheme I've been contemplating. (See below and previous post here.)

One of the commenters mentioned that they'd like to see a white companion volume and I have to second that. Looks like you will be busy Sabine!

P.S. Don't tell anyone about the competition, because I want to win the book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin