Saturday, June 14, 2008

Lamp Tramp

As my readers know, I am obsessed with lamps. Almost as much as pottery. Just like pottery, lamps are sculpture. In my humble opinion, here are some of the best lamps of all time. Some vintage, some new. Some expensive, some not. Enjoy!

The Cappellini Lamp designed by Marcel Wanders. Image from Tomassi Arredementi.



George Nelson. Love his bubble lamps, saucer lamps, cigar lamps, whether they are hanging or standing - I just dig 'em all. Image from Haus Modern Living.




The Bourgie lamp by Ferruccio Laviani. Image from the MoMA Store. Ahhh. No words. I drool every time I see this lamp.



The Mercer lamp by Joan Gasper and Javier Borras for Marset. Image from Neu Black. I almost had a heart attack the first time I saw this lamp. It caught me off guard while watching the movie "Get Rich or Die Trying" starring 50 cent. I hit the pause button and stared. This lamp stole the show, as cute as 50 is, he ran second to this lamp. I would never be happy until I found out about the lamp. Fortunately through the miracle of Google, I did. Absolutely amazing how the glass is blown over the shade.
The Nesso lamp designed by Giancarlo Mattioli. Image from Hive.


The Fontana lamp designed by Max Ingrand. Image from Retromodern.



Tuxedo Sillhouette Lamp from Vitamin D(esign)

Ild lamp from Lampa.


Table lamp by Philippe Starck formerly available at Target via Stark Ting. I am kicking myself. I should have bought this when it was available, it was priced very reasonably.




Random pendant lamp designed by Bertjan Pot for Moooi. Image from Ylighting.The moonstruck lamp by CB2. I'm sure this is based on a retro design, because I've wanted a moon lamp since I was a kid. I have no idea who the original designer is, but this is one of my favorite lamps. When CB2 started carrying this lamp, I had to have it. I didn't think twice.


These beauties were at various local vintage stores. I adore the white Italian vase. It was very large, and had a gross ornate base that would have to be removed. Not sure what shade you would use with this, but it would also make a groovy vase. I adore the mid-century lamps that look like leaves, and trees with saucers on them.

My favorite lamps of all time are the Akari light sculptures by Noguchi. When I win the lottery, I will have a collection of these. In fact, I can see a large white loft, with a white sofa and nothing else but Akari lamps lined up. Serene.

Image from the Noguchi Museum Store.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin