Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Stolen Time, Vol. III












It's been a hard lesson for me, but I've learned you don't always have to be strong and independent. I've been going through a hard time and have been leaning on my family for the first time in my life. And I've been learning how valuable family is. The lessons of the past few weeks have been profound.



I felt optimistic last weekend as I got ready to see my family. I needed to bask in their love. My family accepts me the way I am, they treat me as if I am perfect and never demand change of me. I smiled as I looked out the window of my shower.















Just a few short weeks ago, these trees were covered in snow. I just can't rush through my life any more. Nature deserves to be admired, and I am a willing admirer.









On the way to my family's home, I stopped at a local church. The fence of the church was covered with toys. I added a couple of my toys as a token and prayed for freedom. I felt a pang at letting go of these toys, then I quickly remembered that everything we put out there comes back.





















SNL really spoiled me. She went out of her way to cheer me up and I could never thank her enough. We went to Sushi Rock for lunch. Yum!













































As my readers know, I am always fascinated by light fixtures. Dig this one from Sushi Rock. Isn't it amazing? I want it!













After lunch we browsed at Crate and Barrel. This tea pot tempted me greatly. Love the simplicity of it. Of course, I didn't buy. I'm still in my paring down mode.









These mango bowls are gorgeous. But overpriced.Beautiful cased glass vases.

And look at these mesh lamps! Simply gorgeous. When I win the lottery, I'll take three of these!













We stopped at Lowe's. As my readers know, I am not into the whole cute thing. I've vowed that I won't have prints or figures of birds or deer, I find them a little cliche. But... I guess I should never say never. These birds from Lowe's just might change my mind. Aren't they cute? And at $5.99 reasonably priced.










SNL and I were feeling creative. We both have the decorating bug. We found a branch that we are planning to spray paint blue.



I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Here's the evidence of what I said earlier. What we let go of, comes back. We don't need to feel sad when we let stuff go. Something always replaces it. SNL gave me an Ugly Doll named Peaco. Another in a long line of thoughtful gifts from her. Isn't he adorable? Fits right in my place.



Yep. It was another good day.

2 comments:

casapinka said...

P, I'm thinking about you lots. I've been going through a tough time as well and friends and fam have been so helpful.

Peggy said...

Pink! Thanks so much for stopping by. I was talking about you today, about your courageous choices and your wonderful blogs. Maybe you felt it. I know you and I are connected. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin