Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bored Today

I'm sure all artists go through the dreaded melancholy day. I suppose it's best to just allow it since fighting is usually futile. It eventually passes. Today I just couldn't shake the repressiveness of my brain. The ogres from the land of "you're-not-good-enough" invaded. At first I had to force myself to move, and I could only manage a snail's pace. I berated myself for not feeling grateful and I wondered why everyone seems to function better than me. I wish I were numb, I wish I were a robot.


Nature proves her superiority again. As if there was ever a question. I'm obviously not going any where today, thank God I bought groceries yesterday.

Guess I'll clean my apartment. I suspect North America has a lot of clean apartments this Monday. I could hear everyone in my building cleaning, and try to get a washing machine - forget about it!


What music to motivate me? Alanis Morissette is the ticket.







Image from Amazon. Isn't this album cover beautiful? I found myself in awe of Alanis' strength while listening to "you owe me nothing in return." She courageously sings words of unconditional love. This song touched me deeply, I wondered if I have ever loved a man. Certainly never enough.

I decided to rearrange the furniture. Might as well clean the floors while I'm at it. After all, I'm not going anywhere today.



There is something beautiful to me about an empty room. I sat and stared at this room for a little while. Love the emptiness combined with Alanis' words. I sipped my Colombian coffee and adored the light. I couldn't deny the beauty of the snow. Time to slow down. So I just let myself move slowly. Add to list of stuff to procrastinate about: finish patching and painting wall.


Here's what my apartment looks like after cleaning and rearranging. For today:











This is a curtain I bought from Target to experiment with. Such beautiful fabric.


I rearranged my pottery. Note the new vintage Italian piece in the middle. I adore it. Not usually my style, but the more I look at it the more I love it. I think it is inspiring my new look that I am planning for Spring.







Living room. Not happy with this, looking shabby. I'm contemplating a whole new direction for Spring.





















My pierced porcelain tea light holders. I love the look of these, they have a Moroccan feel to them, and will fit in well in my new scheme for Spring.














I doodled a little.












And procrastinated a lot.












I didn't get my laundry done. But I did take out a lot of dirt. Where does it come from?


I put my fortunes in a pink bowl. And received words of encouragement from the cosmos.


I need a vacation.

6 comments:

Bhavna Bhatnagar said...

Cleaning does help bust stress or winter blues. Your home looks lovely Peggy!

Peggy said...

Thank you bhavna, and thanks for visiting!

kim. said...

I must need a vacation too because I haven't been on your blog since you posted this. You make me want to go clean...that or go paint something pink. :) Ok, something else pink.

casapinka said...

LOVE your apartment. I'm learning that the dreaded melancholy is when we need to slow down and actually listen rather than chase it away. Difficult, but worthwhile.

Peggy said...

Ha - Kim, something else pink! You made me laugh!

Pink - thanks! And thanks for visiting!

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

I am so glad I visited you today!!

Very inspiring PINK!!!

Fabulous post!

Arch

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin