Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Paintings

These are the images that emerged from my creative session yesterday.




I adore pop art flowers. My sister-in-law, who has always been so encouraging of my art, likes my flowers the best. This one is acrylic, metallic glaze and marker on canvas. 12" x 12"


Here it is on a shelf in my kitchen.


Not sure what happened here. Perhaps inspired by vintage Japanese works. Swirls of snow are definitely on my mind. 12" x 24", acrylic and marker on canvas. Here is a detail.


You've seen this painting before, here. This painting is an ongoing experiment in texture. Though, I dearly love orange, I decided to take out the orange border to make the piece softer. Rain and movement are recurring motifs in my work.

24" x 24", acrylic on canvas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin