Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tea Bowls

Oh dear. Here's another item to add to my list of obsessions. The tea bowl. I love them. It makes sense really since I love simplicity, Asian design and pottery. I also adore beautiful objects are functional and ceremonial.

Made by Brother Thomas available at Pucker Gallery.









From flickr user O2ma. If you haven't seen O2ma's flickr set, you simply must. It is a gorgeous display of thoughtful simplicity. Perfect for when you are having a chaotic day at work and you need to goof off and calm down.


Made by flickr user Nesting Emily.



Here's a modern spin by Susan Smith Clay at Etsy. I love it!



Tea bowls by Diana Fayt. These had been available at Diana's Etsy shop, and must have been very popular! They sold out quickly! I'll be watching her Etsy shop to see if more become available. Diana is a wonderful ceramist and artist. Her home page is here. Diana's flickr set is here and her Etsy shop is here. I admire Diana so much, she is so prolific, she is the breed of bird I aspire to be. An artist who supports herself with her art. Go girl!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin